Looking for ideas to decorate your small living room? Few of us are lucky enough to have a spacious living room with high ceilings, which can often be seen on the pages of glossy interior magazines.However, this does not mean that a small living room can not be stylish and comfortable. When it comes to a small space, we use a variety of methods in order to adapt it to fit your requirements, thus to make to the maximum comfortable and spacious.
Here are a few tips that will help visually enlarge and expand your small living room:
1. Use bright furniture with simple lines. Bright shades have less visual weight as simple lines. Do not make a massive room furniture such as dark wood furniture will make it loaded. Use transparent and reflective surfaces, glass or metal coffee table will add a light and airy, making space visually freer. Mirrors also your helpers to increase the visual room. Still remember that furniture legs look more openly.
2. Emphasize vertical lines. In a small living room is necessary to add the items that make up your mind to stretch from the furniture. Floor lamps, large vases with tall branches, vertical pattern, full-length mirrors, curtains, located above the windows, all that will create the illusion of higher ceilings.
3. Take care of good lighting. Lighting plays a very important role in any room, but especially for small living rooms. Your windows should be light and airy, this natural light must pass through the curtains. Evening needs additional lighting to maximize every area of the room. A dark corner is a great place for a floor lamp or a small table with a reading lamp. It is best to use 4 levels of illumination in the room: natural light, ceiling lights, floor lamp or lamps and table lamps.
4. Choose a light color scheme. White and neutral colors can make a small living room visually larger and cool shades – a more open and airy. For optimal effect, you can select soft tones of blue and green.
5. Avoid clutter. If you have a small living room, you just can not afford to have a mess. Find interesting ways to store items that are needed in the living room, for example, woven baskets, ottomans, decorative boxes, they will help you in the struggle with the disorder.