There are many great ideas for placing pictures on wall, and this does not imply anything complicated at a first glance. Nowadays pictures are no longer buried under the dust in albums to be taken out of the closet every few years and demonstrated to your guests. Now the pictures hang on the walls, get transfered onto furniture and decorative stuff, proudly showing off and making an integral part of interior design.
Ideas for placing family photos
In fact, just placing pictures to the wall in random order, you can get not quite the expected effect and become famous as a tasteless designer. Also, consider that any interior design looks really impressive if it is individual. It is worth remembering a few rules and ideas for placing pictures that will insure against unpleasant comments. All the rest is just your imagination and feelings.
Placing pictures in the interior
One of the main ideas for placing pictures on wall is to combine several different in shape, size and genre images. Of course, you can buy exactly the same frame, print multiple photos of the same size and hang them on the wall in a synchronous manner, but they will look dull and unlikely to delight anyone else. Creative and dynamic interior is the key to success!
Photos can be used to decorate any room in the house or apartment. It is very important to maintain the style and spirit of the room and match with in color and mood. If you don’t want to bother with forms and sizes you can indeed buy just the same frame for every picture. But in this case they should cover the entire wall, like a wall of tiles. This is how you can decorate a hallway or an office.
Photos can serve as the main decoration of the interior. You can place multiple blocks of photos in frames around the house. Despite the age of digital color photos, black-and-white prints never go out of fashion. Even modern photo in monochrome version have its own special charm. They focus on the image itself.
Pictures placed on wall in an ascending order by size create a very ugly look. One of the best techniques is considered to be placing one large picture on one wall.
This way you can place your most favorite and cherished family photos that they are always in the focus. Picture frame is not just framing a photo. Frame can be a major accent in the interior, so it needs to be chosen very carefully, taking into account what function you plan to put on them.
Handmade frames always look very impressive. Place a photo on the wall so that an imaginary center line of the whole composition is at the level of the human eye in a standing position. If you hang the pictures below this line it will be comfortable to view them from the couch, and a picture hung higher the line will be very inconvenient for viewing.
When you hang two images of different size close to each other, the larger one should be placed slightly above eye level, so that the smaller photo is easier to look at.
Before you decide to hang pictures on the wall, do place these pictures in the intended order right on the floor. Step back a little and evaluate the intended placement, and if it is necessary adjust some photo placement, move or replace them. If the main lighting in the room is not enough, you can use additional illumination.
A few practical ideas for placing pictures on wall
1. When posting child photos you can use colourful frames of different sizes. Color and black and white photos in combination with the children’s colored drawings in frames of different colors create an amazing effect.
2. Fans of creative designs can complement their interior by placing pictures in a simple but original way. Fix a rope for drying clothes in the room and attach the photos with the clothespins, you will surely surprise your guests! In addition, these photos can be easily changed periodically, thereby updating the interior look.
3. By creating a memory wall in your living room, you will be able to place the photos of different generations, constantly adding more and more. One large photo of the youngest member may serve as the main focus, the other eldest in your family, or the family portraits may be placed around as smaller different-sized cards.
4. Modern styles of interior, for example, high-tech, allow you to use photos without frames. They look like large posters or paintings on canvas, randomly placed on the wall.
5. And why not put lots of small photos into one big frame? This approach to the placement of your photos will make them a kind of an essential decoration in the interior. A thematic collage of photos have always been popular.
6. Take your grandmother’s or mother’s photo when she was young, or even just an interesting occasional photo from the childhood and turn it into murals. This approach will never be unnoticed.
7. Rarity fans prefer old photos. But if you put pictures into bottles of different sizes, they will show off a real highlight of the interior.
8. Split one picture into several parts and place the pictures so that they create one harmonious picture.
9. It is getting very popular to have the elements of interior with printed photos on them. Transfer family and friends portraits onto tableware, clock, interior cushions, etc.
10. Stair walls and fireplace chimneys are often decorated with pictures. Thus, at a first glance, a seemingly useless space can be used for decorative purposes.
More ideas for placing pictures on wall