Sunrooms support leisurely living and increase square footage – often with lower construction costs than a fully finished room. If you're thinking about someday adding a sunroom or turning an existing space into a sunny retreat, here are some features to consider. And if you're not, maybe these photos will change your mind.
- Comfortable seating. The ultimate sunroom acts as a second living room. You may bring in upholstered and lovely seating, plush pillows and throws, indoor-outdoor rugs and multipurpose tables that you would think to use inside. A proper sunroom has electrical outlets to support floor and table lamps as well.
- Multiple purposes. Ideally a sunroom can accommodate both a seating arrangement and a dining table, so it can be utilized as frequently as possible. It could function as a dining room in a cloudy day or a living room in a lovely evening.
- Environmental controls. Most sunrooms are built without heating and air conditioning systems. But it's still nice to be able to cool down with a ceiling fan if the air gets too stifling, and to warm up with a fireplace on chilly nights.
- Privacy shades. Sunrooms get sunny, of course. They tend to boast floor-to-ceiling insulated glass windows and doors. Even if you have high-quality windows and doors, the space may still get overheated. Curtains or shades are must-haves to make sure that you don't overheat as you browse home design photos and drink iced tea on a lazy afternoon.
- Greenery. A transitional space between the indoors and outdoors begs for thriving potted plants as the connecting element.
- A home office. If you have a table in your sunroom, you can use the space as a home office between meals. A supportive chair, a Wi-Fi connection and a view to your backyard will make for a productive morning. Who says working would be uncomfortable?
- Entertainment. If you have a large group dinner on the calendar or a special event, consider the sunroom the perfect place to set up your celebratory meal. Ample table space, lighting and air circulation, plus proximity to the kitchen, will make for an unforgettable event.
If you are looking for the perfect sunroom contractor in Southwest Florida, contact Fabri-Tech Screens. Just call us now for a non-obligation quote. We will be glad to help you wherever you are in Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, Naples, Marco Island, North Port, Venice, Estero, Lehigh Acres, or Punta Gorda.