Decorating a modern kitchen can become overwhelming for homeowners as it is a significant investment for them. Whether you are designing it new or remodelling an existing one, you need to carefully plan the project for best results.
One of the design elements that requires careful consideration is the splashback. It is a necessary element in any kitchen. But a splashback can also enhance its decor. One great idea for these splashbacks is choosing glass as the material.
Consider the following reasons for choosing a glass kitchen splashback.
Use of a glass splashback can be advantageous for many reasons.
- This can upgrade a kitchen's decor instantly. If you are renovating a kitchen, you can use this splashback to make it look more modern and appealing. Captivating glass kitchen splashback designs can be used as distinctive elements for modern homes.
- These kind of splashbacks can instantly brighten up your kitchen space. It can reflect light in your kitchen to make the space look bigger and also more cheerful.
- This can also suit every budget. Regardless of your budget for your kitchen's remodelling or design, you can find a glass splashback that works perfectly for you.
Use of glass splashbacks may appear as an extravagant purchase for kitchens. As a homeowner, you may feel that glass as a material might not be a practical solution for your kitchen. But these splashbacks can be very functional and useful for kitchens.
- These are easy to clean. You don't need to spend a lot of time trying to remove stains and grime from the glass surface. You can simply wipe it clean using a soft cloth and soap solution to remove heavy grime. For everyday use, cleaning it with a moist cloth is all it requires to keep the glass sparkling.
- There is no grout or joints in these kind of splashbacks unlike tile or stone ones. The dust and grime, therefore, have no way to enter the gaps in joints between tiles and make the splashback look old and dirty.
- These splashbacks are easy to install. The glass panels often come as large panels unless you have ordered bespoke pieces containing more than one glass piece. The fitting of these splashbacks is done using a strong bonding material. There is no use for grout or extensive work on the walls to install the glass panel.
- These splashbacks are durable even if it may not appear to be true given that it can break easily. But even sturdiest of tiles can crack with careless use. So, if you use quality glass splashbacks, you don't need to worry about cracks due to heat from the cooking. You don't need to worry about stains, blotches and cuts on the glass as a result of routine kitchen work with these splashbacks.
Use of glass splashbacks offers many fantastic design opportunities to make your kitchen stand out.
- You can choose these splashbacks in a range of stunning colours. You can select these splashback in contrasting colours or match it with the rest of the kitchen's decor. If your kitchen cabinets, countertops and flooring are neutral in shade; a bright glass splashback in red, pink or blue can enliven the space instantly.
- You can choose additional features such as digital prints and LED lighting with these splashbacks. Such design elements can further enhance the look of your kitchen.
- You can shape and cut these splashback panels to suit your kitchen's unique requirements. You can adjust the shape to accommodate other fixtures on the kitchen wall or the countertop.
You can transform your kitchen instantly using a glass splashback. These are versatile and easy to use in any kitchen design.