Around decades ago, timber was the most common material used for the construction of roller shutters. Timber was used for several reasons such as the material is available in abundance, easy to work with and relatively inexpensive. Roller shutter made from timber can be seen in garage doors, several houses and industries even today. After being used for years, people realized the drawbacks of the material. Timber does not actually offer a great level of durability and protection which is expected from roller shutters. Moreover, maintenance cost is quite high as compared to other materials.
After coming across several drawbacks of timber shutters, another material identified was aluminium. Aluminium is an ideal material used for constructing roller shutters. The material was discovered in the 19th century and was considered the most precious commodity that it was used in place of gold to impress guests. People also used aluminium cutlery and plates to flaunt their status. Being the most abundant material, the material is used in numerous applications today. It is being used in indigestion pills and toothpaste to airplane and building construction.
The material is also used in the manufacture of motors, glass, power systems and appliances. There is no other material that can be used in place of aluminium as it has numerous advantages. It is the most reliable, durable, and cost-effective material that manufacturers and designers need. It is the strong, lightweight, malleable, corrosion resistant and thermally efficient material due to which it is the most commonly used material in the construction of aluminium roller shutters.
Some of the benefits of which aluminium is used to construct roller shutters are as follows:
- Aluminium roller shutters offer unmatched security.
- They protect the property against harsh weather conditions such as snow, rain, heavy winds, etc.
- These roller shutters also help in maintaining the temperatures inside the premises.
- When paired with foam insulation, aluminium roller shutters also reduce the level of noise coming in the premises.
- These roller shutters are easy to install and offer rust-free surface.
- They can be handled smoothly and operated without any hassle.
Today, these roller shutters come in a wide range of colours and can be customized according to clients' requirements.